Skip to main content

Hillsong Conference 2020

This year Hillsong Conference theme on July is Breathe Again. I have booked the early bird tickets since July 2019, just as soon as Hillsong 2019 ended. 

Since the interstate lockdown on march 2020, I have been wondering whether the event will be happening or not. I have checked the Hillsong's website for four times on March until I send an email to the Hillsong's team. They reply was at that time they can't assured us the continuity nor the cancellation of the event until May 2020. However, I notice that they are still selling the tickets on their website.

I have booked all the flights and the accomodation for a week in Sydney before all the Covid-19 going on. My departure flight was booked with Virgin Airlines, and  the carrier was seeking 1.4 billion dollar bail out from the Federal government since the lockdown begin. Otherwise the company will collapsed and thousands of workers would lost their job, and obviously there won't be any flight for me.

I pray and wish that the Virgin Australia will survive and the restrictions on travelling and mass gathering will be lifted by June 2020 the latest. It would be nice to end the Covid-19 lockdown by attending the Hillsong Conference 2020 Breathe Again.

Yesterday all my doubts regarding my trip have been answered, the first is about the flight and the second is about the conference. Yesterday at dawn, the Virgin Australia BOD finally decide to go to voluntary administration, and a chance for the rebirth of Virgin Australia. It means that my trip to Sydney with Virgin Australia will probably 60% secured. Secondly, I also received an email yesterday from Brian Houston that unfortunately this year Hillsong Conference won't be held, and my entry ticket was pass through to next year Hillsong Conference with the same theme.

My pray was answered yesterday. Even though it is not the answer that I expected, but I thank you Lord for giving me the answer now and reduce my anguish.

My first thought is I should cancel all the flights and accommodation. For me who doesn't like confrontation or giving other beings hard time, it is very troublesome to call two airlines and one hotel for the refunds. After a few hours thought, we decided to keep the trip iterinary. So, even though there is no purpose anymore to go to Sydney on July, we decided to have different purpose for this trip this time. 

We will have a blast this year to in Sydney.
Bring it on Sydney!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Gateway to All Understanding

The tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao The name that can be named is not the eternal Name. The unnamable is the eternally real. Naming is the origin of all particular things. Free from desire, you realize the mystery. Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations. Yet mystery and manifestations arise from the same source. This source is called darkness. Darkness within darkness. The gateway to all understanding. Tao The Ching Chapter 1

Character vs Skills

"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” –Confucius “Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.” –Theodore Roosevelt "Hire character.  Train skill.” –Peter Schutz Have you ever notice how the recruitment process being done nowadays? The first screening is the employer will judging you from your resume, cover letter and GPA The second screening is they will test your employability skills The next test is group interview and the last test is direct interview with the vendor Through this process, skills definitely come first before the character and ethic. Character and ethics become the last or non existent factors to be considered in. No wonder people are so critical and cut throat at work or at school to be recognised for their skills. And we are wonder how the society become so corrupted?  Hiring competent people with corrupted morale will only bring damage to the society. Low morale people...

Entitlement

People say our young generation is entitled, it is a good topic to joke about for the stand-up comedians. Entitled is believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment. I believe this is not owned by the young generation only, every generation has it, every one of us has it to some degree. This is a problem we have in society in any age, in any countries in this world. I remember when I was a kid, at night during the hot season our house was filled with mosquitos, and dengue fever are quite common in our country.  I can't remember whether I and my sister ever whined about it but I always remember the fact that my mother often stayed up late holding the insects killer racket just to defended us from the mosquitoes. However, My entitlement behaviour took the bad on me, I thought she ought to do that one because she is our mother, it's her duties to protect us. I did not really care how many hours she has spent at our room every night, or whethe...