Skip to main content

Mourning Good Friday

I always feel heartbroken during Easter, and the Holy Week Friday is the saddest day for me in the whole year 

I still remember the first time I grieving for death was when I watched the movie about Jesus crucifixion for the first time. At that time, I couldn't comprehend why God the Father allowed Jesus to be crucified and why Israeli back in the day want Jesus to die. Since then, I start to have fear of human more than I scared of evil. I don't like suffering, to feel it, and to look at it. It's gut wrenching to see people who caused other beings to suffer in any kind of form.

Suffering is something that I consciously and unconsciously avoid constantly. But the more mature I am, the more I understand why God condones suffering. Just like He allowed Jesus to die and rise, he allowed people to experience badness for the eventuality glory on earth and definite crown in Heaven. He taught us to be resilience and have endurement to overcame all the ups and downs of life. He want us not to be arrogant, and not to use our own strength but to rely on Him.

Surrender and fully trust Him with my life is still a challenge for me. It's difficult to me to surrender because I have quite comfortable upbringing and I am a person with lots of ego who doesn't like to lose and be inferior. 

I believe in God 💯 percent, I trust Him because I am His, I live and breath for Him,  however, my level of trust is still a working progress. But believe me that I want to be a person who forsake any doubt, I desperately want to be His daughter and Jesus disciple that has faith to move the mountain and walk on the water. I want Him to be proud of me as He proud of Jobs.

Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.
Romans 5:34

I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.
Romans 8:18

The righteous person may have many troubles,
but the Lord delivers him from them all.
Psalm 34:19

For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.
2 Corinthians 4:17

Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because whoever suffers in the body is done with sin.
1 Peter 4:1

Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me.
Matthew 10.38

For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ.
2 Corinthians 1:5

He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your ancestors had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord.
Deuteronomy 8:3

Popular posts from this blog

The Gateway to All Understanding

The tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao The name that can be named is not the eternal Name. The unnamable is the eternally real. Naming is the origin of all particular things. Free from desire, you realize the mystery. Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations. Yet mystery and manifestations arise from the same source. This source is called darkness. Darkness within darkness. The gateway to all understanding. Tao The Ching Chapter 1

Entitlement

People say our young generation is entitled, it is a good topic to joke about for the stand-up comedians. Entitled is believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment. I believe this is not owned by the young generation only, every generation has it, every one of us has it to some degree. This is a problem we have in society in any age, in any countries in this world. I remember when I was a kid, at night during the hot season our house was filled with mosquitos, and dengue fever are quite common in our country.  I can't remember whether I and my sister ever whined about it but I always remember the fact that my mother often stayed up late holding the insects killer racket just to defended us from the mosquitoes. However, My entitlement behaviour took the bad on me, I thought she ought to do that one because she is our mother, it's her duties to protect us. I did not really care how many hours she has spent at our room every night, or whethe...

Inorganic

The Tao is infinite, eternal. Why is it eternal? It was never born; thus it can never die. Why is it infinite? It has no desires for itself; thus it is present for all beings. The Master stays behind; that is why she is ahead. She is detached from all things; that is why she is one with them. Because she has let go of herself, she is perfectly fulfilled. Tao The Ching Chapter 7