Skip to main content

Camper Van

One of my bucket list is to do road trip in Australia and Indonesia. I have researching the suitable vehicle and watch countless others videos and testimonies of those who choose to live in motor than fixed address. 

More and more people prefer to live big in a tiny mobile home than burdened by mortgage. I remember when I was at year 10, an uncle who drove me from and to school used to asked me and my friends about this in the car. He asked me which one I will choose to have first, a house or a vehicle. I was the only one who choose a vehicle, uncle and the rest choose a house, and he start his reasoning on me.

My reason to choose to have the car first is I thought I will be able to live as well as work with the car. I still believe and stick to my opinion, even though the reality is I did have a home first before a car as an adult. However, just like other who choose to live simply, it is our dream to be able to downsize our lives in the next five years, living off-grid, living of the land, living self-contained and sustainably.

Popular posts from this blog

The Gateway to All Understanding

The tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao The name that can be named is not the eternal Name. The unnamable is the eternally real. Naming is the origin of all particular things. Free from desire, you realize the mystery. Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations. Yet mystery and manifestations arise from the same source. This source is called darkness. Darkness within darkness. The gateway to all understanding. Tao The Ching Chapter 1

Entitlement

People say our young generation is entitled, it is a good topic to joke about for the stand-up comedians. Entitled is believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment. I believe this is not owned by the young generation only, every generation has it, every one of us has it to some degree. This is a problem we have in society in any age, in any countries in this world. I remember when I was a kid, at night during the hot season our house was filled with mosquitos, and dengue fever are quite common in our country.  I can't remember whether I and my sister ever whined about it but I always remember the fact that my mother often stayed up late holding the insects killer racket just to defended us from the mosquitoes. However, My entitlement behaviour took the bad on me, I thought she ought to do that one because she is our mother, it's her duties to protect us. I did not really care how many hours she has spent at our room every night, or whethe...

Character vs Skills

"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” –Confucius “Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.” –Theodore Roosevelt "Hire character.  Train skill.” –Peter Schutz Have you ever notice how the recruitment process being done nowadays? The first screening is the employer will judging you from your resume, cover letter and GPA The second screening is they will test your employability skills The next test is group interview and the last test is direct interview with the vendor Through this process, skills definitely come first before the character and ethic. Character and ethics become the last or non existent factors to be considered in. No wonder people are so critical and cut throat at work or at school to be recognised for their skills. And we are wonder how the society become so corrupted?  Hiring competent people with corrupted morale will only bring damage to the society. Low morale people...