Skip to main content

Backpacking

Backpacking is one of the things that I want to do, you could say it is one of my bucket list.

Today 13062019, I have the opportunity to realise one of my wish. I prepared my belonging two days before my iterinary, I do not have a lot to pack, I basically fit all I need in one backpack. Since my employer are asking me to work, I still work that day and had to rushed to the airport. My husband was helping me a lot, and I feel sorry for him that me agree to still working that day was putting him in a bit of pressure.

The journey was quite smooth even though it was 40 minutes late due to the late arrival and take off of one other plane that sharing the same runaway, the plane was packed with people. I was arrived on 14062019 at midnight, I had a pick up arrangement with one of car rental company in the airport.

I stay at Amazing Kuta hostel during my Bali trip, I was able to check in promptly and without a problem. The concierge took me to the second floor where the female dormitory is. The room has 8 beds, 4 bunk beds, and I was lucky that I don't have to climb to get to my bed.

The key for a happy backpacking is to expect less, generally it is the guide for all beings to be happy in life. You could have expectation, but don't expect all your expectations are to be met. My first experience in sharing room with 5-6 other women are okay, of course I need to be courteous, wary, and fully aware to my surroundings. At first because I enter the room at one o clock in the morning, I couldn't unpack my bag because it will be to noisy to others. The second is I couldn't go to the bathroom because the door was just too noisy and I can't get it open at the first try. The third is I found that the previous user of the bed that I am sleeping in was not a responsible person. She hid some of her food trash in the pop out table. This also means that the hostel cleaners have not done their jobs right. However, the bed was comfortable enough and the air conditioner was running in the correct temperature.

Overall, my first sleep in backpacker hotel was quite good. I had a first good impression on my backpacking journey.






Popular posts from this blog

The Gateway to All Understanding

The tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao The name that can be named is not the eternal Name. The unnamable is the eternally real. Naming is the origin of all particular things. Free from desire, you realize the mystery. Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations. Yet mystery and manifestations arise from the same source. This source is called darkness. Darkness within darkness. The gateway to all understanding. Tao The Ching Chapter 1

Character vs Skills

"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” –Confucius “Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.” –Theodore Roosevelt "Hire character.  Train skill.” –Peter Schutz Have you ever notice how the recruitment process being done nowadays? The first screening is the employer will judging you from your resume, cover letter and GPA The second screening is they will test your employability skills The next test is group interview and the last test is direct interview with the vendor Through this process, skills definitely come first before the character and ethic. Character and ethics become the last or non existent factors to be considered in. No wonder people are so critical and cut throat at work or at school to be recognised for their skills. And we are wonder how the society become so corrupted?  Hiring competent people with corrupted morale will only bring damage to the society. Low morale people...

Entitlement

People say our young generation is entitled, it is a good topic to joke about for the stand-up comedians. Entitled is believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment. I believe this is not owned by the young generation only, every generation has it, every one of us has it to some degree. This is a problem we have in society in any age, in any countries in this world. I remember when I was a kid, at night during the hot season our house was filled with mosquitos, and dengue fever are quite common in our country.  I can't remember whether I and my sister ever whined about it but I always remember the fact that my mother often stayed up late holding the insects killer racket just to defended us from the mosquitoes. However, My entitlement behaviour took the bad on me, I thought she ought to do that one because she is our mother, it's her duties to protect us. I did not really care how many hours she has spent at our room every night, or whethe...